I found a workaround for re-sizing pictures within the iPhone to fit BWS’ file size limit. Yesterday I was trying to submit an article in BWS and attach a picture. However, the file size was more than 2MB and the file size limit is only 1MB so my post got published without a picture. I didn’t have access to a laptop or I would have re-sized the 2MB picture in a breeze. I tried to access PicResize.com on an iPhone but I was stuck to the loading image page. It frustrated me that I couldn’t use PicResize nor any other photo resize editor online.
As serendipity would have it, a quicker solution came to me. What solved the problem for me was the following steps:
1. I selected the picture I wished to re-size and clicked on the Share icon at the lower left of the screen.
2. I chose Mail and sent it to my own e-mail.
3. 1MB is equivalent to 1,024KB. I chose Medium and sent it to my e-mail.
I downloaded the re-sized photo to Camera Roll. I went back to BWS to edit my post and saw the newly re-sized 1MB photo successfully attached to the article.
This short simple tutorial works if:
– you currently don’t have access to a laptop and only have an iPhone on hand.
– your iPhone is on iOS 6.
– the internet connection is too slow to access any online photo re-size editor from Safari.